Howard Bailey Financial, Inc., growing retirement planning firm with a focus on helping people establish financial freedom through meaning and purpose, is looking for motivated, independent, and enthusiastic talent to help shape the future of our company. We are a modest, nimble, and goal-driven group of advisors, client services, operations and marketing professionals who thrive on building relationships. We strive to deliver excellence in everything that we do. We carry the flag for the Midwest, and we are proud to call Indiana our home. Our commitment to our mission statement and core values is what makes the continued growth of Howard Bailey possible.
We are looking for career-minded, ambitious and client service-driven individuals who are highly organized, self-motivated, and fulfilled by helping others. We offer competitive compensation, health insurance, 401K, life insurance, disability, paid time off and volunteer time off.
Operating in a supportive role, our Advisor Liaisons support our clients, Service Advisors and Financial Advisors across all aspects of client service. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who enjoys learning, building relationships and providing excellent customer service to not only our clients, but our advisors as well. This person will be highly skilled in organization and communication. They understand that providing superior client service is absolutely what sets them (and us) apart from other financial firms. Duties include document processing, meeting preparation, servicing existing clients and client relationship building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: Other relevant duties may be assigned.)
- Collaborate with the Financial Advisor in preparing, presenting, and implementing customized financial plans.
- Document preparation/processing.
- Client review preparation.
- Assist clients with annuities, life, long-term care & managed money.
- Develop, manage, and retain strong client relationships.
- Contribute to meeting individual and team goals.
Education and Experience:
- College degree.
- 2 + years of financial services experience with an emphasis on client servicing.
- Life and Health Licensed; Series 65 or a commitment to achieve within an agreed timeframe required.
Knowledge, Job Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, prioritization, interpersonal & management skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communications skills; both verbal and written.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Takes initiative, nurtures, and seizes opportunities.
- Highly organized.
- High emotional quota.
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguity.
- Positive mindset.
- High personal emphasis on learning and development.